Topics

Subscription Query

Bscccook@...
 

Hi;

I joined the new Clan-MacLean@Scottish-Clan-Genealogy.groups.io group but when I try to access the site it comes up as nonexistent. I had been a subscriber to the old MacLean mail list at Rootsweb. My email is bscccook@...

Any information you can provide to clarify is appreciated.

Bill Cook

 

Hi Bill,

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 4:58 PM <Bscccook@...> wrote:
Hi;

I joined the new Clan-MacLean@Scottish-Clan-Genealogy.groups.io group but when I try to access the site it comes up as nonexistent. I had been a subscriber to the old MacLean mail list at Rootsweb. My email is bscccook@...

Any information you can provide to clarify is appreciated.

Bill Cook

The homepage is at https://scottish-clan-genealogy.groups.io/g/Clan-MacLean . It looks like you are subscribed, and there are no pending emails to the group. The email address you have above is correct. What did you send to the group?

The Group Email Addresses
Post: Clan-MacLean@Scottish-Clan-Genealogy.groups.io
Subscribe: Clan-MacLean+subscribe@Scottish-Clan-Genealogy.groups.io
Unsubscribe: Clan-MacLean+unsubscribe@Scottish-Clan-Genealogy.groups.io
Group Owner: Clan-MacLean+owner@Scottish-Clan-Genealogy.groups.io

Hope this helps,

Valorie

Bscccook@...
 

Hi Valorie;

When I first tried to access the page it came up as nonexistent. The page now come up in it's proper format although there aren't any messages listed(maybe this will be the first). All seems well now.

Thanks.

Bill C.


------ Original Message ------
From: "Valorie Zimmerman" <valorie.zimmerman@...>
Sent: 26-Jan-20 2:37:24 AM
Subject: Re: [ScotClans] Subscription Query

Hi Bill,

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 4:58 PM <Bscccook@...> wrote:
Hi;

I joined the new Clan-MacLean@Scottish-Clan-Genealogy.groups.io group but when I try to access the site it comes up as nonexistent. I had been a subscriber to the old MacLean mail list at Rootsweb. My email is bscccook@...

Any information you can provide to clarify is appreciated.

Bill Cook

The homepage is at https://scottish-clan-genealogy.groups.io/g/Clan-MacLean . It looks like you are subscribed, and there are no pending emails to the group. The email address you have above is correct. What did you send to the group?

The Group Email Addresses
Post: Clan-MacLean@Scottish-Clan-Genealogy.groups.io
Subscribe: Clan-MacLean+subscribe@Scottish-Clan-Genealogy.groups.io
Unsubscribe: Clan-MacLean+unsubscribe@Scottish-Clan-Genealogy.groups.io
Group Owner: Clan-MacLean+owner@Scottish-Clan-Genealogy.groups.io

Hope this helps,

Valorie

Heather Cameron
 

Hi Valerie,

I am from the Clan Cameron which links into the McPhail Clan.
Are these clans to be all separate but under your banner here?

Heather Cameron

 

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 7:14 PM Heather Cameron <hethdotzip@...> wrote:
Hi Valerie,

I am from the Clan Cameron which links into the McPhail Clan.
Are these clans to be all separate but under your banner here?

Heather Cameron

Hi Heather, thanks for asking! 

The way a group works on Groups.io (at least one with subgroups) is that each member of the subgroup is also a member of the main group, which in this case is https://scottish-clan-genealogy.groups.io/g/Clans. The people who join the main group may or may not join one or more of the subgroups. 

So far, the clans that have chosen to join are Clan-Buchanan, Clan-Chattan, Clan-Colquhoun, Clan-Devine, Clan-MacBean, Clan-MacLean, Clan-MacPherson, Clan-MacQueen, Clan-Maxwell. These were all mail lists at Rootsweb. More clans are welcome; I wrote to the listowners for all the active Clan lists on Rootsweb but got no answer from many of them. Those which have already been deactivated, I could not contact, obviously. 

If you are interested in starting a Clan-Cameron or Clan-McPhail, I'll be glad to create them and turn them over to you, or help you get them started, which ever you prefer. I would be very interested in McPhail because my gggrandmother was Margaret McPhail. 

As far as I know, there was never a Mc/MacPhail or Clan Mc/MacPhail list at Rootsweb or I would have subscribed to it!

Valorie

Heather Cameron
 

Hi Valorie,

Thanks so much for the pointer. I can see all the Subgroups there now in the side list.
What a good idea this IO group is!

I think RootsWeb had a Cameron one didn't it? How do you find out where it has gone, or if anyone
is going to move it elsewhere?

Heather

 

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 1:11 AM Heather Cameron <hethdotzip@...> wrote:
Hi Valorie,

Thanks so much for the pointer. I can see all the Subgroups there now in the side list.
What a good idea this IO group is!

Yes, I think it's great so far. 

I think RootsWeb had a Cameron one didn't it? How do you find out where it has gone, or if anyone
is going to move it elsewhere?

Heather

Sad to say, both the Cameron surname list and the Clan-Cameron are dormant. Nothing stops you from setting up your own group here though! If you want a Clan-Cameron subgroup here, I will set it up for you and help you get it started.

Valorie

Heather Cameron
 

Hi Valorie,

I see how the RootsWeb Clan Cameron has been closed down for a long while now. How do you go collect all the information and transfer it over to IO?

Jeanette Brentnall emailed me off list about this so she may be trying to do this. Hate to see all the records get lost.

Heather
 

 

On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 10:57 PM Heather Cameron <hethdotzip@...> wrote:
Hi Valorie,

I see how the RootsWeb Clan Cameron has been closed down for a long while now. How do you go collect all the information and transfer it over to IO?

Jeanette Brentnall emailed me off list about this so she may be trying to do this. Hate to see all the records get lost.

Heather

I have asked for a few lists to be reopened so that I could get the old list of emails and invite them to the old list. However, the Clan lists have, in general, been very quiet, and not really worth the effort. If someone wants to do this work, Anne is willing to work with them, but she does not want to do very many of them.

Don't worry about the records -- the archives will remain right where they are now. 

As I've offered repeatedly, if someone wants to start up Clan-Cameron-Genealogy as a subgroup here, I will work with you to make that happen. I can't be the owner of it long-term because I don't have Camerons.

Valorie

M Sue Baldwin-O'Dea
 

This is the FB page for our Samuel Queen Group.  He came here in the 1600's and settled in Maryland.  If you would like to connect with this group, please contact Kelley Schrump   
Kelley Schrumpf


On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 9:16 PM Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman@...> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 10:57 PM Heather Cameron <hethdotzip@...> wrote:
Hi Valorie,

I see how the RootsWeb Clan Cameron has been closed down for a long while now. How do you go collect all the information and transfer it over to IO?

Jeanette Brentnall emailed me off list about this so she may be trying to do this. Hate to see all the records get lost.

Heather

I have asked for a few lists to be reopened so that I could get the old list of emails and invite them to the old list. However, the Clan lists have, in general, been very quiet, and not really worth the effort. If someone wants to do this work, Anne is willing to work with them, but she does not want to do very many of them.

Don't worry about the records -- the archives will remain right where they are now. 

As I've offered repeatedly, if someone wants to start up Clan-Cameron-Genealogy as a subgroup here, I will work with you to make that happen. I can't be the owner of it long-term because I don't have Camerons.

Valorie

DIANE LAST_NAME <dlr11@...>
 

This is not my family, I come for the Dugal McQueen from the late 1680
Thanks 


On February 3, 2020 at 7:03 PM M Sue Baldwin-O'Dea <sbodea43@...> wrote:

This is the FB page for our Samuel Queen Group.  He came here in the 1600's and settled in Maryland.  If you would like to connect with this group, please contact Kelley Schrump   
Kelley Schrumpf
 


On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 9:16 PM Valorie Zimmerman < valorie.zimmerman@...> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 10:57 PM Heather Cameron < hethdotzip@...> wrote:
Hi Valorie,

I see how the RootsWeb Clan Cameron has been closed down for a long while now. How do you go collect all the information and transfer it over to IO?

Jeanette Brentnall emailed me off list about this so she may be trying to do this. Hate to see all the records get lost.

Heather
 

I have asked for a few lists to be reopened so that I could get the old list of emails and invite them to the old list. However, the Clan lists have, in general, been very quiet, and not really worth the effort. If someone wants to do this work, Anne is willing to work with them, but she does not want to do very many of them.

Don't worry about the records -- the archives will remain right where they are now. 

As I've offered repeatedly, if someone wants to start up Clan-Cameron-Genealogy as a subgroup here, I will work with you to make that happen. I can't be the owner of it long-term because I don't have Camerons.

Valorie

 

 


 

M Sue Baldwin-O'Dea
 

Samuel  Queen's original name was McQueen from Inverness Scotland.  He was part of the group they called the Maryland Catholics to Kentucky though it was his descendants who went to Scotland.   For more information go to link below



On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 7:01 PM M Sue Baldwin-O'Dea via Groups.Io <sbodea43=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
This is the FB page for our Samuel Queen Group.  He came here in the 1600's and settled in Maryland.  If you would like to connect with this group, please contact Kelley Schrump   
Kelley Schrumpf


On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 9:16 PM Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman@...> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 10:57 PM Heather Cameron <hethdotzip@...> wrote:
Hi Valorie,

I see how the RootsWeb Clan Cameron has been closed down for a long while now. How do you go collect all the information and transfer it over to IO?

Jeanette Brentnall emailed me off list about this so she may be trying to do this. Hate to see all the records get lost.

Heather

I have asked for a few lists to be reopened so that I could get the old list of emails and invite them to the old list. However, the Clan lists have, in general, been very quiet, and not really worth the effort. If someone wants to do this work, Anne is willing to work with them, but she does not want to do very many of them.

Don't worry about the records -- the archives will remain right where they are now. 

As I've offered repeatedly, if someone wants to start up Clan-Cameron-Genealogy as a subgroup here, I will work with you to make that happen. I can't be the owner of it long-term because I don't have Camerons.

Valorie