Topics

MCBEAN

bryan <frazerbryan@...>

I am hoping somebody can help me locate the family/siblings of Margaret McBean/Bain.

Margaret was born c1811 Alvie. Inverness-shire( I cannot find an entry in Scotland People for her birth). Her parents, according to the immigration records when she and her husband and family entered Australia in 1838 are Duncan MacBean and Bell MacPherson.

Margaret married Alexander Fraser in 1831 at Noid a parish of Kingussie. She is recorded as coming from Dunachton.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Bryan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Rick Jackson

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

I am hoping somebody can help me locate the family/siblings of Margaret McBean/Bain.

Margaret was born c1811 Alvie. Inverness-shire( I cannot find an entry in Scotland People for her birth). Her parents, according to the immigration records when she and her husband and family entered Australia in 1838 are Duncan MacBean and Bell MacPherson.

Margaret married Alexander Fraser in 1831 at Noid a parish of Kingussie. She is recorded as coming from Dunachton.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Bryan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Rick Jackson

Bryan...
...not sure if this helps you.  My grandmother was Beehi Elizabeth MacBean (the "Mac" dropped by the U.S. line), born in Bean Settlement, West Virginia, in 1882.
Her father (my great-grandfather) was Edward Jackson (Mac) Bean, born in 1876, near Holly, West Virginia.
His father (my grt-grt-grandfather) was Robert (Mac) Bean, born in 1838, near Holly (Braxton County),  West Virginia.
...and, his father was Joshua Bean, born in Hardy County, Virginia (split to be West Virginia & Virginia after the civil war), in 1801.

From my searchings, all had children but none named "Margaret".   That is as far back as I have managed to find.
The U.S. branch of Clan MacBean is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, if you think there might be a connection to or through the U.S.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

I am hoping somebody can help me locate the family/siblings of Margaret McBean/Bain.

Margaret was born c1811 Alvie. Inverness-shire( I cannot find an entry in Scotland People for her birth). Her parents, according to the immigration records when she and her husband and family entered Australia in 1838 are Duncan MacBean and Bell MacPherson.

Margaret married Alexander Fraser in 1831 at Noid a parish of Kingussie. She is recorded as coming from Dunachton.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Bryan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Rick Jackson

Bryan,
Digging through old notes, I found an unverified reference to my way-back grandfather, Joshia Bean saying His father was (possibly) Robert Bean who died in November, 1790, and was married to a Margarett Bean.
Any chance this Margarett might have remarried and moved to Australia?  ...doesn't sound likely from what you have.
Research for a booklet "The Clan MacBean in North America", by Ribert Bain.
Or, "Scottish Clans & Tartans" by Neil Grant; or "A Brief History of Clan McBain" by Hugh McBain, 21st Chief of Clan McBean worldwide.

Hope this helps.  I'm still looking for more of my MacBean line, too.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

I am hoping somebody can help me locate the family/siblings of Margaret McBean/Bain.

Margaret was born c1811 Alvie. Inverness-shire( I cannot find an entry in Scotland People for her birth). Her parents, according to the immigration records when she and her husband and family entered Australia in 1838 are Duncan MacBean and Bell MacPherson.

Margaret married Alexander Fraser in 1831 at Noid a parish of Kingussie. She is recorded as coming from Dunachton.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Bryan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Rick Jackson

Address:
The Clan MacBean in North America, Inc.
441 Wadsworth Blvd., Suite 213
Denver, Colorado 80226

Phone (303) 233-6002

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

I am hoping somebody can help me locate the family/siblings of Margaret McBean/Bain.

Margaret was born c1811 Alvie. Inverness-shire( I cannot find an entry in Scotland People for her birth). Her parents, according to the immigration records when she and her husband and family entered Australia in 1838 are Duncan MacBean and Bell MacPherson.

Margaret married Alexander Fraser in 1831 at Noid a parish of Kingussie. She is recorded as coming from Dunachton.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Bryan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jane Macgillivray

Hello Bryan,

Clan McPherson museum, also good at genealogy, at Newtonmore (you can contact on the web)

Perhaps Laura Lovett can help as her McBean ancestors of PItchurn were intermarried with McPhersons, from this area.

Laura Lovett lelovett@...

Take an ancestry.com dna test and see what McBeans and Mcphersons and Frasers you match with (Ancestry has the largest data base).

Jane Macgillivray

I am hoping somebody can help me locate the family/siblings of Margaret McBean/Bain.

Margaret was born c1811 Alvie. Inverness-shire( I cannot find an entry in Scotland People for her birth). Her parents, according to the immigration records when she and her husband and family entered Australia in 1838 are Duncan MacBean and Bell MacPherson.

Margaret married Alexander Fraser in 1831 at Noid a parish of Kingussie. She is recorded as coming from Dunachton.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Bryan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Allan MacBain - Associate Genealogist (Clan MacBean Association)

Hi Bryan,
I'll see what I can dig up.

Allan MacBain MBCS
Associate Genealogist (UK & Europe), Clan MacBean Association

Allan MacBain - Associate Genealogist (Clan MacBean Association)

Hi Bryan,
I've only been able to locate one recorded baptism for a child of Duncan MacBean & Isabell/Isobell/Isabella/Bell MacPherson, in the period 1780 to 1830 - Farquhar MacBean.
I couldn't find a banns/marriage record for Duncan & Isabell anywhere in Scotland.
did find both marriage records for Alexander Fraser and Margaret MacBean in their home parishes (two days apart, one in Alvie Parish, the other in Kingussie & Insch Parish).
Please bear in mind that the further back you go, the more spotty the records become; and some parishes don't have any surviving records prior to a - relatively quite recent - date.

I am in the middle of a v-e-r-y long-term project to build records of MacBean lineages in the UK, so any information you might be willing to pass on would be very gratefully received.

ukgenes@...
http://www.clanmacbean.org

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 08:19 PM, Jane Macgillivray wrote:

[...]

DIANE LAST_NAME <dlr11@...>

I am sorry I joined this group,,,, see no McQueen info on my line...