Topics

How to control your messages

Hi folks, the topic keeps coming up from subgroup members (Buchanan, Chattan, Colquhoun, Devine, MacBean, MacLean, MacPherson, MacQueen, Maxwell so far) about why they are seeing all these posts they aren't interested in.

Login to https://scottish-clan-genealogy.groups.io to set up your mail preferences or to mute topics and the same with your clan group. If you subscribed by mail or by responding to an emailed invitation, you don't have a login unless you created one previously. Here is the Help doc about that:

https://groups.io/static/help#suboptions

You can change from getting every message to getting a digest, and/or "mute" or follow topics. Groups.io gives us each quite a bit of power over what we want to see.

We owners and moderators have more power to do things like create and maintain a calendar, files, and other cool features, but it gives us much *less* power over each individual's subscription. We cannot change you from individual messages to Digest, for instance. Nor can we change your email, etc. This is all within your power.

All the best,

Valorie, for the owners and moderators