Re: MCBEAN

DIANE LAST_NAME <dlr11@...>

I am sorry I joined this group,,,, see no McQueen info on my line...

On February 6, 2020 at 3:18 PM "Allan MacBain - Associate Genealogist (Clan MacBean Association)" <testerscot@...> wrote:

Hi Bryan,
I've only been able to locate one recorded baptism for a child of Duncan MacBean & Isabell/Isobell/Isabella/Bell MacPherson, in the period 1780 to 1830 - Farquhar MacBean.
I couldn't find a banns/marriage record for Duncan & Isabell anywhere in Scotland.
did find both marriage records for Alexander Fraser and Margaret MacBean in their home parishes (two days apart, one in Alvie Parish, the other in Kingussie & Insch Parish).
Please bear in mind that the further back you go, the more spotty the records become; and some parishes don't have any surviving records prior to a - relatively quite recent - date.

I am in the middle of a v-e-r-y long-term project to build records of MacBean lineages in the UK, so any information you might be willing to pass on would be very gratefully received.

Allan MacBain MBCS
Associate Genealogist (UK & Europe), Clan MacBean Association.
ukgenes@...
http://www.clanmacbean.org

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 08:19 PM, Jane Macgillivray wrote:

Hello Bryan,

Clan McPherson museum, also good at genealogy, at Newtonmore (you can contact on the web)

Perhaps Laura Lovett can help as her McBean ancestors of PItchurn were intermarried with McPhersons, from this area.

Laura Lovett lelovett@...

Take an ancestry.com dna test and see what McBeans and Mcphersons and Frasers you match with (Ancestry has the largest data base).

Jane Macgillivray